Monday, January 23, 2006

Stock Market in sea of red

The unexpected did not happen and market tanked big time. My watchlist was in a sea of red. I respect those who took the risk and profited today in shorting or buying the put warrants. Seriously, i am quite envious or should i say, greedy? Ever since i won in recent weeks, suddenly i feel really uncomfortable not to see my stocks appreciate in value. I tried to compare to where I was last year, the difference this time round is, the stocks that I hold are better quality stocks. Hence evern though the market is not smiling, holding on to them feels safer as I know when market rebound, my stocks will move up in tantem. Last year, the kind of stocks I hold only participate in the march to south....when market rebound, it didn't bulge!

I don't like the way both financial giants Nikkei and Dow Jones had been sold down. Hence I continue to take a precautious view and staying by the sideline. If I am to buy, i must make sure it is not just for a 2 cts gains or a technical rebound only. Anyway, i'm targeting the next decent breakout for a good risk/reward trade....look out for it!



DBS - Can history repeat itself? Banks, always a proxy for economy....so many expected Singapore's economy to be good in 2006, banks should be moving north.


SembKim Trans - Healthy pull backs with low volume, my favourite.