Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jittery Stock Market ahead

Dow Jones & Nasdaq tanked big time on Friday. We are almost certainly to have an early sell off in the morning on Monday. Oil price continues to head towards US$70 again. This is really a worrying a sign. Tensions in Iran and Nigeria were the culprits or should I say excuse? Sometimes i wonder, did the two government long the Crude Oil futures before creating the tension. If I must buy, I think the sector I'll play with will be Oil, Gas sector & Property. Banking sector is still weak. And guess what! I bottom picked DBS and is now sitting on a paper loss. Gees...i never seems to be able to pull off bottom fishing in my entire career. I performed so much better with breakouts. Property is sky high now...i'll wait patiently for them to consolidate before I strike.

After a rousing start to the year, I began to get greedy. Instead of waiting patiently for a breakout I like, I began to modify my strategy to capture consolidations and bottom picking stocks. I forgot it was my patience that rewarded me with a 50% recovery of total losses. Unknowningly, I had deviated from my plan. I'm lucky that I didn't buy more than I can lose last week, otherwise it will be a sure way to lose everything back to the market. I shall cease to be greedy and get back down to earth. My money will grow if i don't sucuumb to greed and start to make very poor risk reward trades.

Finally, i wish everyone a smooth Monday, hang on tight and let's see what's left of the market at 5pm. 1 lesson i never will forget in Stock Market, when everything seems so obvious, Expect the unexpected!

To my Yahoo Group, No Weekly mail from me this week as I am confused about what's going to happen. : ) I won't write rubbish just for the sake of writting.

Well, this is an extremely risky time to take position in the market, but with risk, comes great reward. As much as I prefer to stay sidelined. Here's the list of stocks for the brave hearts to try. : )

*GrowMoney QuickPick*

Ellipsiz
TatHong
OnionTech
Sky China Petrol
Semb Marine
Semb Kimtrans
Hyflux



Sky China Petrol - Another China play i ignored despite picking up mid week. I have no regrets about being careful about ChinaStocks...but i shouldn't have ignored the strong technical bullish signals.


Semb Marine- Big brother Keppel Corp has run away. This should follow given it's chart formation and the current theme on oil and gas play.


DMX - Maybe it's time i stop ignoring china stocks. Celestial, DMX, Cosco...they are fast becoming expensive. Time to spot the next world class company from China. See this chart, a classic human greed in action. News leaked out way before we heard it from the news about Venture falling in love with DMX.

DISCLAIMER: This is not an inducement to buy or sell. You should do your own analysis on top of my postings.

Copyright © 2006 GrowMoney Blog. All rights reserved.