Monday, October 15, 2007

QDII Fun no more

My opinion of a short term pause in China plays was short lived as we goes into third week of wilderness. They were trading in a tight range without going higher or significantly lower. Their counterparts in HK and Shanghai were so much better. My opinion remains for now that the play will rotate back into China plays unless PRC government make some unfriendly comments about QDII fund. I was never convinced that China's interest rate hike will affect the price. This is because it is widely anticipated and should have been priced in. The current frenzy in Hang Seng and China reminded one and all about how Nikkei rallied to 30k in the 80s and they too were in self denial when warned about the bubble. They said, "This time its different". From a high of 30k, it then went as low as 8k after the bubble burst. The same is said of China this time round. I heard many people said the 4 dreaded words...."This time its different" Olympics, China market cannot margin, cannot contra... With so many warning signs around, markets at all time highs, indeed we ought to be more prudent. My strategy for now will be to observe my buy signals that comes along and I want to see quality stocks moving versus the wild random price spike now.

Growmoney quickpicks
Allgreen
BerlianLaju
F&N
Federal
Full Apex
Netelusion

GrowMoney Growth Fund
HLH
Jasper
LC Dev
Ausgrp
YangZhiJiang
Jiutian
ChinaHong
ChinaWheel

DISCLAIMER: This is not an inducement to buy or sell. You should do your own analysis on top of my postings.