Monday, December 12, 2005

Stock Market though up but not convincing (People's Food)

I am happy that the market went up today. However doing my daily sentiment scan, most of the STI components did not have better than 14 days average volume. The STI chart can look awful with an evening star if we have a selling day tomorrow. Despite closing better, i suspect the index is very much lifted by Jardine Matheson. The other bluechips in Technology Sector, Property Sector were having an off day sleeping with less than average volume. Marine is worse as they are hit by profit taking after last week's rally. Cosco caught my eye. Why is this counter which is going to stock split unwantedd by public? Or is there accumulation going on? Oil and offshore related too had a quiet session. When all these sectors sprang to life.....2399 here we come!

I am still waiting for the accross the board buying to occur...that will be my greatest chance to cash out of my positions in profits! :D haha

I'm like a striker now on a hattrick...my third back to back win! The best moment in my short trading career. After dumping my HG Metal & Hibernated, I have found my own style of trading. It is very suitable to my working schedule as i do not have to monitor intra-day. The chances of loss is slim while profit will go a long way north. Almost 80% of my breakout counters turn out to be winner than loser but not for contra though. No doubt there are room for improvement. For example, i notice the "illiquid" stocks I ignore often surprise me. Darco is one of them. There are actually lots of such "illiquid" counters appearing on my list everynight. My reason for ignoring is because of the high probability of manipulation. I had lost on Sunpower & Anwell before. These are very "illiquid" stocks and the breakouts were false. That was why I turn to select liquid stocks only. Another change in my approach is to analyse the sector in play and daily sentiment. This allows me to know the exact buying or selling interest in the market. This is extremely important inorder to know when to buy, stand aside or sell.


People's Food - Japanese Candlesticks Reversal signal