Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stupidity or Greedy? I am both

I am stupid to have not followed my trading system and greedy to have taken profit too early! 5 hours ago, I was trying very hard to contain my disappointment. I felt like a fool and really didn't have the heart to think about trading, i just missed out on a big mover. Infact I shut down my live prices even before the market ends. Today Kep Land has rocketed $0.20. I had the vision of this happening and hence I had vested in it since September. I sold last Friday when I thought $4.70 was all it can go. How wrong I was. I bought when my system said buy but I sold when my system said hold. After reading so much and knowing so much, I still make the same amateurish mistake of deviating from a trading plan. After a walk down Orchard Rd alone deep in thoughts, I am back! I think from this misfortune, although I did not make as much as I could from Keppel Land, at least I was right in picking it as one of the market leaders and that property counters are the one to watch. Mistake I learnt today is never to deviate from your system. If you use T.A to buy, use T.A to get out.

STI closed at 2325! It's a very teasing finish. Volume is good and there is follow through buying. Signs of bull are there. I am seeing better volume and setups of breakouts in some counters. Watch out for them. Selling pressure during the intra day has been very well absorbed and late buying was seen.


UTAC


SPH


Keppel Land - post mortem


Cosco - Bottom Fishing