Wednesday, October 12, 2005

STI infected with Dengue Fever

I suspect STI is infected with Dengue Fever. Blowing hot and cold in recent weeks. Today, market didn't like what the Hong Kong leader's speech and cause a tremor with the epicenter where else but Hang Seng. Tokyo escaped because it closed early. Again there was broad base selling with VOLUME! It reminded me of last Thursday where index dropped nearly 40 points. The next day however it rebounded. Can we expect to see history repeat itself? Watch on man...it's as good as anybody's guess. But a decent rally from Dow Jones & Nasdaq can help the cause.

Survive, Profits, Massive Profits

Have you heard of the above phrase? It means you must first learn to survive in trading. After that, you will have profits followed by massive profits. I think I am still at the first stage. I watched my profit evaporates first from SPH babies then from Simsci today. Both average about 50% ROI. Trading is indeed tough. When I sold Keppel Land too early last week, i missed 100% ROI . This week, I stick to my discipline and saw my profits evaporates. While I have the brains to take a quick profit off SPH babies, I stupidly let my position in simsci turn to a small loss. What to do? Just have to stick hands inside pocket and move on. I shall continue to stick to my system and rules. One day I will be rewarded. I still have 2 positions in market. Let's see how I will end up.


Cosco


SPH - I expected the market to dislike the normal dividend but I never expect the selling to be of this magnitude. My 70% ROI slashed to 10% as I cashed out today.

Simsci Update: There is a gap from 272.4 to 273.3 . With today's closing, it won't be a surprise to see it test this support area.