Wednesday, April 23, 2008

T.A should be easy and fun!

Sorry guys, i was too busy with my personal matters as well as work. My grandma was hospitalised and I had to visit her in the evening, leaving little time to blog. Ever since i started trading, the most obvious change in my life is the sacrificing of time with my family. Ironic... when she is at home, i no time to visit her.... when she is hospitalised, i make it an effort to visit her as often as i can. What is this nonsense???

Work wise, exciting stuffs coming up. Everyone should know we have a training team now. While i seek to increase the team, i myself will have an opportunity to step back and take care of the after course support! Yes, we have more than 1000 graduates and it will be a good number to work with. Also i have stepped up sending T.A case study to all ChartNexus users, i want to promote the use of T.A in the investment community. This is really something that inspire me. Why? Because i was just a usual computer engineer in a MNC company just 1 year ago. Now i have the chance and opportunity to persue my personal interest as a career. Just like Beckham able to play foot ball to make a living. Not only that, now i have the chance to change the life of others in a small way. By promoting the use of T.A in the investment community! : )

Also, i have been supporting the graduates only forum actively. I must start to instil confidence in them in this volatile market. I can share the T.A, but trading experience is something not able to cover 100% in the course. That's why my trainers and I will share what to do in daily post.

Lastly, my own trading. Since last week, the market rebounded nicely at support levels. This is very key to where the market is heading. As i mentioned in the last post, i was biased to the upside. But amidst all the bad news, it's not easy to go long. Hence, i built a portfolio with 1 short and 2 long positions. My rationale being, if i am wrong, i will cut the 2 long positions and my short position will make me money to cover the loss and more! Why more? Because when the market goes down, it is always faster than coming up! That's why, when the market heads up, my short position go against me slower and that my 2 longs make back the loss and gained more as the market climbed higher. During intra week weakness i collect 2 more long positions and sold those near resistance to avoid risk. Yes, during volatile times, i do not take too many positions otherwise will be badly expose to downside risk.

Last Friday i was sharing T.A at this Professional Engineers Associations. I made T.A look so simple and fun to apply. How? Cosco Corp, all i did was show them just how MFI say rebound coming... and look at where Cosco is now? I do not like to over analyse. According to my experience, the highest probability way to use T.A is when we only take the most obvious signals. This is something i learnt during my early years where i paid for not through courses but through tuition fees in the stock market.. keke

As for my take on the market, i am looking at any bearish continuos patterns forming. I am not blind to the bad news in the market, i still feel one day market will react to the bad news. And the possible date maybe 27th Apr thereabouts... i am looking out for signs of weakness. Will inform via this blog when i see the signs.

Flavour at the moment, properties and S-shares.

DISCLAIMER: This is not an inducement to buy or sell. You should do your own analysis on top of my postings.